Register to use the RMI system
To enter information to request that your agency's records are scheduled, you must first identify yourself to the Records Management Inventory system. Registration has three purposes:
- Entering your personal information into the Records Management Inventory system means you will not have to supply the information again when entering future records information.
- Having your e-mail and regular mail addresses on file with Records Management Division enables us to notify you promptly when your records information is entered in the database.
- By specifying a Username and Password of your choosing, you will have secure access to information about your agency's records. You will also be able to review the list of record schedules you have submitted in the past.
If you are a returning user, click here to log into the system.
If you are a new user, please read further instructions below.
- To complete the new user registration form, under Records Control Inventory System in the left menu bar, click Register.
- Select your agency from the Agency drop-down list.
If your agency is not listed on the RMI system, please email the Records Analyst.
- Complete the remaining required fields.
About your Username and Password
During registration, you will be asked to choose a Username and Password. You will use this Username and Password when logging on to the Records Management Inventory system in the future.
- Username: Choose anything you like, such as your name, abbreviations, or an alphanumeric code. Remember that it should only be 8 characters long.
- Password: Choose anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems. The system will encrypt your password, so it will remain secure. Only you will know your password. Remember that it should only be 8 characters long.
- Select Cancel if you wish to cancel the registration process.
- Select Create to create your account. The Account Registration submission page appears.
Make a note of your username so you will have it available when you need to access the RMI system.
- The system will display two questions, Create another user or Submit Record Schedules.
- To create another user account, Select Yes. You will be redirected to the account registration page.
Once your user account has been created, you must select yes to the question, Submit Record Schedules to enter schedules.
- To enter schedules, Select Yes. The Login Page appears.
You must use the username and password that was just used to create your account.
- Selecting No for either question, will redirect you to the welcome page.